Balsz Gift and Donation PolicyKCD © PUBLIC GIFTS/DONATIONS TO SCHOOLS
The Board has the authority to accept gifts and donations as may be made to the District or to any school in the District
The Board reserves the right to refuse to accept any gift that does not contribute toward the achievement of the goals of this District and the ownership of which would tend to adversely affect the District.
Any gift accepted by the Board shall become the property of the District, may not be returned without the approval of the Board, and is subject to the same controls and regulations as are other properties of the District. The Board shall be responsible for the maintenance of any gift it accepts, unless otherwise stipulated.
The Board will make every effort to honor the intent of the donor in its use of the gift, but reserves the right to utilize any gift it accepts in the best interest of the educational program of the District.
In no case shall acceptance of a gift be considered to be an endorsement by the Board of a commercial product or business enterprise or institution of learning.
KCD-R © PUBLIC GIFTS/DONATIONS TO SCHOOLS
To be acceptable, a gift must satisfy the following criteria:
- It will have a purpose consistent with those of the school.
- It will be offered by a donor acceptable to the Board.
- It will not begin a program that the Board would be unwilling to take over when the gift or grant funds are exhausted.
- It will not bring undesirable or hidden costs to the school system.
- It will place no restrictions on the school program.
- It will not imply endorsement of any business or product.
- It will not be in conflict with any provision of the school policy or public law.
All gifts, grants, and bequests shall become District property and subject to policies of the District.