Public Notice Regarding Governing Board Meetings During Closure
Effective March 18, 2020, and until further notice, the Balsz Elementary School District Governing Board will be enforcing the Center for Disease Control’s health precautionary recommendation limiting all public gatherings to ten (10) people. The Balsz District is currently closed and Board Meetings will be online/telephonic with Governing Board members and district administrators participating remotely.
2020-2021 School Year Governing Board Meetings are held monthly on the second Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted (*).
* July 14, 2020: Special Board Meeting / Board Retreat (Board Retreat Rescheduled)
* July 25-26, 2020: Special Board Meeting / Board Retreat (Rescheduled)
August 11, 2020: Regular Board Meeting
September 8, 2020: Regular Board Meeting
October 13 2020: Regular Board Meeting
* October 27, 2020: Possible Special Board Meeting / Study Session (School Updates)
November 10, 2020 Regular Board Meeting
December 8, 2020: Regular Board Meeting
January 12, 2021: Regular Board Meeting
February 9, 2021: Regular Board Meeting
* March 2, 2021: Regular Board Meeting (held first Tuesday due to Spring Break)
* March 30, 2021: Possible Special Board Meeting / Study Session (School Updates)
April 13, 2021: Regular Board Meeting
May 11, 2021: Regular Board Meeting
June 8, 2021: Regular Board Meeting
* June 29, 2021: Public Hearing and Special Board Meeting (Budget)
Posting of Governing Board Agendas:
Governing Board Agendas are posted in the display case on the fence by the entrance of the District Office Building located at 4825 East Roosevelt Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008 and on the website at www.balsz.org/agenda. Except in the case of an emergency, the agenda shall be available to the public at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. If you are in need of special accommodations, including translation services, please call the Superintendent's Office at 602.629.6410.