Balsz School District Governing Board
The Balsz School District's Governing Board consists of five elected volunteer community members who serve a four-year term in non-partisan elections to represent the residents within the District's boundaries. The Governing Board plays a critical role in the formulation and approval of policies that guide the operation of the district. Board candidates must reside within the District boundaries for one year prior to being elected to office. Arizona law does not limit the number of terms a member can serve.
2019-2020 Board Meetings
The 2019-2020 Board Meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. in the Balsz School District Governing Board Room unless otherwise noted (*).
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- October 1, 2019 (due to fall break)*
- October 15, 2019 Special Board Meeting/Study Session at Crockett Elementary School (6:00 p.m. start time)
- October 29, 2019 Executive Session
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 14, 2020 (due to winter break)*
- * February 10, 2020 Special Meeting / Study Session at 1101 North 44th Street (5:00 p.m. start time)
- February 11, 2020
- * February 28, 2020 Board Executive Session at the Balsz Community Center (8:30 a.m. start time)
- March 3, 2020 (due to spring break)*
- March 24, 2020 Special Board Meeting/Study Session at the Balsz Community Center (6:00 p.m. start time)
- April 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- June 9, 2020
- June 30, 2020 Public Hearing at 6:00 p.m. (Special Board Meeting will follow Public Hearing)*
Posting of Governing Board Agendas:
Governing Board Agendas are posted in the display case on the fence by the entrance of the District Office Building located at 4825 East Roosevelt Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008 and on the website at www.balsz.org/agenda. Except in the case of an emergency, the agenda shall be available to the public at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. If you are in need of special accommodations, including translation services, please call the Superintendent's Office at 602.629.6410.
Balsz School District Anti-Hate Resolution was adopted at the January 10, 2017 Governing Board Meeting.Balsz School District Resolution Opposing Expansion of Education Savings Accounts (SB1431) was adopted at the June 6, 2017 Governing Board Meeting.Balsz School District Campuses as Safe Zones and Resource Centers for Students and Families (Resolution) was adopted at the September 5, 2017 Governing Board Meeting.Balsz School District Governing Board Resolution Supporting Educators was adopted at the May 1, 2018 Governing Board Meeting.Balsz School District Governing Board School Safety Resolution was adopted at the June 5, 2018 Governing Board Meeting.Balsz School District Governing Board Trauma Responsive Resolution was adopted at the January 14, 2020 Governing Board Meeting.